Our Mission is Simple: We do it through easy single stream recycling, and rewarding good recycling efforts. Once we are all recycling . . .who knows?
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS RECYCLEBANK?
• RecycleBank is a rewards program that motivates people to recycle
• RecycleBank members dramatically increase their recycling habits while learning about greener lifestyle and consumer choices
• With RecycleBank, households earn Points for the amount they recycle, similar to airline miles for frequent flying
• A global company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada, RecycleBank is headquartered in New York City
HOW DOES RECYCLEBANK WORK?
• RecycleBank utilizes technology and innovation to dramatically increase household recycling and landfill diversion
• Dependent on the existing recycling infrastructure of a given community, RecycleBank will utilize RFID or GPS technology to understand and assess recycling efforts and convert that amount into RecycleBank Points
• Using the RecycleBank proprietary three-step process Recycle, Record, Reward™, we quickly and easily measure the amount of material each home recycles and then convert that activity into RecycleBank Points
• Participating households receive a recycling cart equipped with an ID tag to match the cart to the household address and account number (the tag carries no other information)
• For GPS, trucks are retrofitted with GPS technology to match recycling carts to household addresses and RecycleBank account number
• On pick-up days, trucks retrofitted with RecycleBank technology identify the cart at pick-up. The weight of the recyclables is converted into RecycleBank Points, which are then deposited into a households’ personal RecycleBank.com account
• Points can be redeemed for rewards from participating local and national reward partners
• Members can also track their individual environmental footprint by seeing how many gallons of oil and how many trees their household has saved as a result of recycling
• Redeeming Points is just like shopping online with more than 20 categories to choose from, including Food and Grocery, Sports and Recreation, Entertainment, Restaurants, Health and Beauty, and Donations
• Members without a computer can also redeem Points by calling the toll-free RecycleBank Customer Care number at 1-888-727-2978. Se habla español
• On average, households earn hundreds of dollars in reward value through their annual recycling efforts
WHERE CAN HOUSEHOLDS REDEEM THEIR POINTS?
• RecycleBank has more than 2,400 reward partners, including major retailers and brands such as Coca-Cola, Kraft, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Ruby Tuesday, CVS/pharmacy and Bed, Bath & Beyond
• There is even an option to donate Points to charities, non-profits, and to local schools environmental programming through the RecycleBank Green Schools Program
DO HOUSEHOLDS NEED TO SORT RECYCLABLES?
• No. RecycleBank uses single-stream recycling, which means that all recyclables (paper, plastic, cardboard, glass, aluminum, and tin) can be placed in one container without sorting. Members should check with their hauler or municipality for an exact list of recyclables
DOES RECYCLEBANK REWARD FOR E-WASTE?
• Yes, RecycleBank rewards members with Points for old and gently used cell phones, mp3 players and laptop computers. Members should not place these items in recycling carts, and instead should visit www.RecycleBank.com/earn/electronics to see how to download a postage paid label for e-waste
HOW DO RESIDENTS BECOME RECYCLEBANK MEMBERS?
• RecycleBank works with municipalities and haulers to increase recycling rates and reward residents along the way
• To learn more about RecycleBank and to see which communities feature the program, visit www.RecycleBank.com or call toll free 1-888-727-2978. Se habla español
IS RECYCLEBANK FOR-PROFIT?
• Yes. RecycleBank is built on the idea that environmental solutions provide economic opportunities. Our goal is to increase recycling, reduce landfill needs, cut disposal costs and build local economies. It is our belief that a company can do well by doing good
HOW DO MUNICIPALITIES AND WASTE HAULERS BENEFIT BY PARTNERING WITH RECYCLEBANK?
• In many ways, including:
o Providing a green rewards program that gives meaningful savings directly to residents
o Gratifying citizens with rewards that in turn stimulate local economic development
o Saving money through diverting recyclables away from the costly waste stream and into a recycling stream
o Showcasing environmental leadership and community stewardship
WHERE DOES THE RECYCLEBANK PROGRAM OPERATE?
• RecycleBank services more than one million households across 22 states and the United Kingdom. States include Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, and Virginia