The High Performance Government Network is a member driven not-for-profit corporation that is dedicated to designing, developing, and deploying high performance accountable public services. The Network assists local government chief elected officials develop quality improvements by using data to identify service delivery weaknesses and to establish working models for immediate and on-going improvements.
Government CEOs who join the High Performance Government Network will receive substantial benefit from their membership. The end result will be more effective and responsive local government. Cycle times will be reduced, customer service will be improved, and expenses will be lessened.
Membership benefits include:
- Develop High Performance Strategic Action Plan. The Network will assist in the facilitation of initial baseline performance measures. These measures will provide a baseline by which future improvements can be measured.
- Opportunity to share best practices. One of the most desirable benefits of the Network will be the opportunity for government CEOs to learn from each other and share best practices.
- High quality, low cost training. The Network will provide members with access to high quality training that would normally be beyond their budget. Training opportunities will include business best practices, leadership, management, and technology.
- Premiere educational opportunities. Network members will have access to reduced cost educational and training opportunities through Indiana University SPEA and the Northeast Indiana Lean Six Sigma Institute.
- Business Best Practices. Each member government CEO will be paired with at least one business leader in the community whose company utilizes Lean Six Sigma tools.
- VIP Online Access. Members will have access to the VIP section of the Network website, including detailed project summaries, videos interactive features.
- Awards Recognition. Members will be invited to attend the annual awards and recognition dinner where the most successful process improvement and cost savings projects are recognized.
As a member of the High Performance Government Network, each elected official makes a three-year commitment to establish and adhere to the following:
- An effectiveness and efficiency oriented vision for delivering public services,
- A publicized set of metrics to measure past and current performance,
- A set of benchmarks for evaluating future performance,
- A philosophy of how to pursue improvement,
- A methodology to measure, analyze, improve, and control service delivery processes,
- A comprehensive set of improvement tools, both "hard" statistical tools and "soft" people involvement tools, and
- An aggressive strategic short- and long-term action plan.
Each member will be assessed an annual membership fee based on the population of the city, town or county they represent. To determine the membership fee for your community, please contact the HPG Network staff.